GEDitCOM 3.7 has been released.
GEDitCOM is the customizable genealogy application for the Macintosh (including MacOS X) for editing and viewing GEDCOM genealogy files. Using the GEDitCOM customization features, you can design your own genealogy user interface. Or, if you prefer, you can use the Default Format that comes with GEDitCOM and provides a powerful, user-friendly interface with 100% access to all features of the GEDCOM standard.
Requirements: MacOS 8.1+, OS X 10.0+
* This upgrade has many new features and interface improvements.
* All new icons and many interface improvements, especially in MacOS X.
* Many new options for working with multimedia files.
* See What’s New help topic in GEDitCOM for a full listing.
Additional listed changes from 3.60 -> 3.70)
* More support for Encoded Multimedia Objects.
* New Attach->Marital Status menu command that lets you indicate if the father and mother in a family record were never married. Custom formats have been updated to look for this new option and change “Husband” and “Wife” to “Father” and “Mother” if they were not married.
* Addition of View->Go->Forward, which with the View->Go->Back, work like back and forward in browsers, to let you scroll through all recently visited records.
* The Find Links command in the View Menu lets you find all records linked to the current record.
* Additional support in creating files for LDS Temple work.
* Improved the Find Relationship option to search for more than one relationship between two individuals.
* Associations attached to individual records can now link to Individual, Family, Source, Repository, or Multimedia records. Note: There is osme debate about whether or not linking to non-individuals is really allowed in GEDCOM files, but it has some nice applications and was requested by users.
* All citation details now preserved when merging SOURCE records.
* New Marked Records Option lets you mark records associated with currently marked records (i.e. records linked by association or alias links).
* Whenever a child window closes, the parent window is refreshed if changes were made.
* When you use General Preferences and select the option to add creation dates to new records, you can now add a note to the date.
* The Tree window remembers your previous selection for scaling of the display.
* You can now use seperate fonts for printing and editing
* Children in families now can have links to multiple families (such as for a child with multiple spouses) in the Default Format.