Genealogy Pro 2.0 has reached a production release and is now available to the general public. It’s a new Mac OS X genealogy application (a major update to an older, MacOS/Classic genealogy application). It requires Mac OS X 10.2.8, and sells for $20 (with a 30-day free trial).
Changes Since Pre-Release 6
* Fixed erratic behaviour where there is only one parent in the family. This included a problem where the Family Browser may crash the program, and default behaviour to fill the family with a spouse when the ‘New Parents’ item is selected (if the family is the parent family for a person) ro the ‘New Spouse’ menu is selected (if the family is a spouse family).
* Setting/unsetting descendants as private now works as it should
* General performance improvements (Family Browser, deletion performance)
* Improved error handling
* Optional autochecking for web updates
* Preference for the ‘Starting Points’ window implemented
A trial version can be downloaded here.