Another day, another public beta for Synium Software’s MacFamilyTree 6.0.
This time it’s MacFamilyTree 6.0 Public Beta 7 and some of the updates make me think that we are getting close to a Release Candidate (RC), since this is focused mainly around improving several areas and not adding anything new or making substantial changes. Among the improvements: user interface, GEDCOM importing, event displays, the startup window, and launch time. The last two especially make me think we are getting closer.
* Several User Interface improvements
* GEDCOM Importer now handles census and age tags correctly
* After a GEDCOM import, the document was incorrectly marked as having changes
* Date Parser improved for date ranges
* Description of events are now shown in all charts
* News and Tutorials improved in the startup window
* Improved launch time
Public Beta 7 is available for download from SyniumSoftware.com