A new update for MacFamilyTree 6.0 is now available, bumping the version number up to 6.0.3. With version 6.0.2, support for Apple’s Aperture imaging software was added. There are now some fixes supporting some issues with Aperture.
More importantly, there are, and I quote, “major database changes” which were implemented to increase performance. This probably means that once your genealogy database is updated/upgraded, you won’t be able to use it in an older version of MacFamilyTree. There are also some interface fixes, and improved image handling within MacFamilyTree.
* Major database changes for increased performance
* Fixes for the Apple Aperture image picker
* Several user interface bugs fixed
* Images can now be rotated directly in MacFamilyTree
* Fixes and performance improvements for nearly all charts
Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 are required, and this is a free update for existing MacFamilyTree 6 users.