MacFamilyTree 6.2 (actually 6.2.1 was released today) was released earlier this week, and it’s a major update to the Mac OS X genealogy application.
Changes and Improvements for MacFamilyTree 6.2:
* For the first time, a new Tree Chart brings the capability to display all members of a family in one chart. Even large families can be displayed completely
* Completely configurable Source Report provides a detailed overview of all sources in you database. Sources can now be bookmarked as well
* To Do Report with a convenient overview of all to dos
* Configurable Ahnentafel Report provides an overview of all descendants sorted by generation and lists the relating events from the Narrative Report
* Entertaining Family Quiz tests and trains your knowledge about your family tree
* Title and Date header can now be added above all charts
* Improved lay out and text formatting of Narrative Report and Kinship Report
* Images can now be displayed in the List of Persons and in the Kinship Report
* Options for colors and lay out of the Hourglass Chart are now also available in the Person and Family Group Report
* The county of a place can now be added into a separate county input field
* Improved GEDCOM compatibility with other genealogy applications
* Improved GEDCOM export of images
* Improved sorting of Family Events
Changes in 6.2.1
* Crash fixed in database migration
* Smaller user interface improvements
I’m looking forward to trying out the new “To Do” improvements as well as the tree chart that displays all members of a family, as I have some very large families.
Note: The sale below is over
It is on sale through the holidays (at least Christmas) for $29.99 through Apple’s
Mac App Store
It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.