You no longer have to have an account here or be logged in to post comments. They may not show up immediately, to keep the spammers out, but legitimate comments will show up without the need for an account.
We won’t share your email address with anybody. When you register for an account, you are not required to use your real name either – your username is what will be display.
As you may have noticed, we have forums publicly available here at MacGenealogy.org. As some of you know, these were installed at the end of last year, and I’ve had them running quietly to make sure that spam is not a problem. They were available, but just not linked from the main page. They’ve been linked from the main menu for the past week, but I haven’t talked about them.
They are located at:
If you already have an account here and need to login, or you want to register for an account, see this page:
- Posts maybe temporarily held within a moderation queue, so if your post does not show up immediately, don’t panic!
- Keep it clean and family friendly.
- No spam
- No flame wars or harassment, whether it be Mac vs PC, iPhone vs Android, or this genealogy application vs that application. We can discuss the pros and cons of software without it devolving into a personal flamefest.
- These are public forums – anything you post can be read by others. Don’t post your email address, Facebook, etc. in a post unless you want others to see it.
- We reserve the right to remove any topics or replies that we feel are inappropriate.
- Anybody genealogy or Mac-related, or Mac genealogy related!
- Questions about switching from Windows to Macs, including genealogy apps.
- While GEDitCOM, iFamily, PAW2U, and Reunion have official forums hosted by their respective developers, feel free to ask questions about them as well as other Mac genealogy apps.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us.