Leister Productions has released Reunion 10.0.4, the Mac OS X genealogy application that many use, and it’s a huge update, mostly consisting of bug fixes, with a few additions for usability and other areas.
First and foremost, if you are one of those lucky ones who bought a new MacBook Pro Retina, they have fixed some of the display issues with it. If you are still on a PowerPC Mac (PPC), there is also some fixes having to do with files created on a PPC Mac that were uploaded to Reunion for the iPhone (App Store).
There are also several user interface fixes and updates, as well as usability fixes such as web searches opening up your selected browser.
For those needing to incorporate LDS functionality, Temple Codes will display in the Place column in the People List, and tooltips were added to the bottom icons in the LDS Ordinances window.
Full list of changes below:
- Changes in Reunion 10.0.4
- Fixed picture display issues with the MacBook Pro Retina display.
- Improved the behavior of the Back and Forward buttons in the family view.
- Fixed a problem where adding a new person would sometimes result in an erroneous date feasibility message.
- Fixed the date feasibility checker to account for date modifiers like “before” and “after.”
- Fixed a rare problem where the number of siblings reported in a person button was incorrect.
- Ages appearing in person buttons will honor the “living age” preference setting.
- The Web Searching feature will open in the user’s selected browser in Web Preferences.
- Fixed a problem where the place name in the tooltip of a person button was incorrect.
- Listing of checked flags in the family view, in reports, and in charts is now alphabetical.
- Fixed a problem with searching a source list for words containing diacritical marks.
- Fixed a bug when searching for alphanumeric items in the sources.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the Edit Person > Names panel.
- Fixed a problem where the selected person in the List window would sometimes become unselected when clicking back to that window.
- Fixed a problem where inter-family marriages would cause spouses of relatives to be mislabeled.
- Fixed a problem when finding relatives where spouses of relatives were being incorrectly labeled.
- Fixed a problem where invalid relationship labels appeared on the iPhone version of Reunion when the family file was uploaded from PPC Macs.
- Fixed a problem with place name Autocomplete in the Edit Family > Marriage panel.
- Improved the ordering of places when mapping places for a person.
- Fixed a problem where characters with diacritical marks would not appear correctly when mapping places for a person.
- Ages sidebar will now show the marriage place instead of the marriage memo.
- Fixed a problem where some contact fields could not be exported when sharing the contacts.
- Saving a backup copy of a family file no longer drops some web and report preferences from the backup copy.
- Fixed a problem typing single and double quotes into the media comments field.
- Limited the resizing of the Multimedia sidebar sections so sections would not become too small.
- Fixed a problem where multimedia files for sources were not getting added to sources in web projects.
- Fixed a problem when importing GEDCOM files with cross-referenced media items.
- Fixed a problem where text added to a new empty note field would not be saved.
- Added a confirming message to the Change > Set General Sources panel.
- Fixed a problem where merging people would cause an extra family record with a “None” spouse for certain people.
- Fixed a problem where certain changes made in the Edit Person panel would not update in lists.
- Column settings in the Calendar List will be remembered.
- Added tooltips to the icons at the bottom of the LDS Ordinances window.
- Temple Codes will now display in the Place column of the People List.
- Corrected items in the List window’s Help menu.
- Find and Replace of first and last names will update the People list properly.
- Fixed the behavior of the Delete button in Edit Person > Events/Facts so that default fields can’t be deleted.
- Column sizes in the Edit Family > Children list will be remembered.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when copying an event or fact to the clipboard immediately after adding a citation.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when closing the Edit Contact sheet.
- Fixed a problem when trying to quit Reunion with Ages showing in the sidebar.
- Fixed a bug in the “Find relationship between two people” feature where a chart couldn’t be generated for direct-line ancestors or descendants.
- Fixed a problem where changing a person’s name in the List window would cause the person to disappear from the list.
- Several changes to resources for localization.
Download – Directly: http://www.leisterpro.com/download/Reunion-10-0-4.dmg (You can also update through the software)