Gramps 4.2.6 for Mac has been released, and it’s a very hefty update. Gramps is a free and community-driven project, normally available for Linux and other Unix-like systems, but there is a port for macOS/OS X that is eventually released (4.2.6 was released for other OSes a month or two ago).
GRAMPS stands for Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System, and it’s a very mature (and popular) genealogy program.
To download Gramps, visit:
Gramps Project – Download
For a full list of changes, see below:
Changes in Gramps 4.2.6
– Fix HasCitation rule in citation filter sidebar
– Fix use of regular expressions
– Date Editor had ‘Type’ and ‘Quality’ labels swapped
– Fix FamilyGroup Report
– Fix names not displayed in relationship graph
– Fix outdated Bugtracker link in reporting wizard
– Fix replacements in Ancestor tree
– Fix Default Browser Setting
– Fix linking place on OpenStreetMap view
– Fix Family Lines Report having unescaped characters
– Fix non-local character in DB name (Windows OS)
– Fix checking for “event.string” in “treeview_keypress”
– Fix invalid February 29th date in Julian dual-dated
– Fix Note on CIR when it is attached to a (preferred or alternative) name through the names dialog.
– Improve time loading for person selector in census forms
– Fix incorrect SoundEx result
– Fix Error printing on ancestor tree graphical report
– Fix custom filter creation with ‘Events occurring on a particular day of the week’
– Bug in the Name Editor / Group As
– Gramps CSV export of Places did not generate correct Title.
– Add custom Family Relations not shown in the filter siderbar
– Fix non-textual value on Tag report
– Fix ‘interface.dont-ask’ config key ignored on Note edition
– Fix Reorder Relationships dialog
– Shrink size of Break Lock (and other QuestionDialogs)
– Only selection of Active or Home person if commited
– Fix quick search exception when nothing in searched list
– Fix problem adding parents
– Fix bookmarks keybinding on Mac
– Fix failure to load default gramplets if GExiv2 is missing or too old.
– Update API doc for place displayer
– Add datestrings to Turkish translation
– Update translations: cs, de, fr, fi, hu, it, ru, sl, sv, tr