Current Version/Last Updated: Reunion 9.0c (August 23, 2010)
Developer/Publisher: Leister Productions
Type: Genealogy Software
iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch Support? Yes
Price (Upgrade): $99 ($64.95 upgrade)
Reunion helps you to document, store, and display information about your family — your ancestors, descendants, cousins, etc. It records names, dates, places, facts, plenty of notes, sources of information, pictures, sounds, and videos. It shows family relationships in an elegant, graphic form — people and families are linked in an easy-to-understand fashion.
Software Requirements: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer
Hardware Requirements: Intel or PowerPC Mac running OS X 10.3.9 or newer
GEDCOM Support: Yes
Web Page/HTML Creation and Support: Yes
Supported Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Norwegian
Notes and Features:
- Universal Binaries
- Supports synchronization and editing of data on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- Treetops (earliest known ancestors of an individual)
- CSS support for web/html output
- MobileMe and iDisk integration
- Drag and drop indivdiuals from indexes to family cards
- Drag and drop of sources
- Slideshow functionality
- Chart support
- LDS Support
Reunion 9 Reviews:
- Family Tree Magazine – Apple Picking (July 2008) (Version 9): Best for: Users migrating from full-featured Windows programs such as Family Tree Maker or RootsMagic. This full-featured program will look and feel familiar to anyone who’s used Windows genealogy software.
- 23rd Annual Editor’s Choice Awards – Macworld
- Macworld Reviews Reunion 9.04 – May 2007
Other useful links:
- Index of Reunion 9 for Mac tutorials (Genealogy Tools) – GenealogyTools.com
- Death Dates in Reunion 9′s Index (Genealogy Tools)
- Official discussion of plans for Reunion on the iPad
- Official video showing Reunion for Macintosh
- Official video showing Reunion for iPhone
- Older versions of Reunion at LeisterPro.com
- Current: Reunion 9.0c (August 23, 2010)
Reunion 9.0b Changes:
* Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) – fixed cosmetic glitch that appeared in some lists.
* GEDCOM Import – fixed a problem introduced in Reunion 9.0a that prevented structured source fields from being imported properly.
( Charts – fixed display and printing issues with graphic images on charts.
* Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) – fixed an incompatibility with Reunion and Snow Leopard where family files would not open if they had source citations visible on the family card. Also fixed the display of source citations in note fields.
* Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) – fixed an incompatibility with Reunion and Snow Leopard when compacting family files while displaying children and parents in the list format.
* iDisk/MobileMe – fixed some problems when uploading web reports to iDisk.
* iDisk/MobileMe – replaced references to .mac (dot mac) with MobileMe.
* Sorting Children – when sorting children on the family card, the modified date for the family card will be updated.
* Printing – improved printing quality of PDF objects pasted in charts.
* Web Reports – fixed a problem on Intel Macs when generating Google Analytics code.
* LDS – fixed a bug when applying temple date and code to marked people.
* LDS/GEDCOM Import – submitted status of LDS events will no longer be lost if a date is present.
* Manual – several improvements in the manual.
* Web Styles – several improvements to .css files.
* Sequel to Reunion 8
* Reunion 9.05 (June 7, 2007)
* Reuion 9.04 (Apr 20, 2007)
* Version 9.03 (Mar 30, 2007)
* Version 9.02 (Mar 15, 2007)
* Version 9.01 (Mar 2007)
* Version 9 (Mar 3, 2007)
* Previous Versions (Version 8.x)