MacFamilyTree 4.2b1 has been released. This is a public beta, that can be downloaded here (only last 4.x release available now). This public beta of 4.2 adds some major new features – a new Family Table view, a “Map Chart” that, based on latitude and longitude you provide, can show where events took place, several news views or updated views, and better iPhoto integration.
* The Family Table can show all families in your tree at once or only parts of your whole tree, either your descendants, ancestors or all other related families. Furthermore, you can configure this view like all other views in Mac Family Tree.
* The new Map Chart can show where events in your tree took place. You can see, where the people in your tree lived and where they moved. Mac Family Tree needs to know the latitude and longitude, where the events took place. Mac Family Tree utilizes a database specifically designed for this use with over 4 Million places to look up these coordinates
* The automatic backup creates a backup folder in the user’s document folder, and will save the backups for the 10 last days of use here.
* The list of persons on the drawer has been improved. This list can be expanded to show their partners and childrens.
* A family list has been added to show all families in your tree at once. Like the persons list, this list can be expanded to view all persons within this family
* Pictures can now be imported directly from your Apple iPhoto Library
* The function list on every pane can now be resized and collapsed to view more data on smaller screens
* The page of the source can now be added in the source selection window
* Author Informations can be found in the main window
* Tree Statistics have been added to the Author Informations
* Support for Gedcom files created in ANSEL format
- * Printing to one page now works with the descendant chart
* Minor fixes in the Gedcom file format parser and exporter
* Many interface fixes and improvements