A new version of Family Ties/Familienbande, came out on December 5 2005. Family Ties (Familienbande), is a free genealogy application from Stefan Mettenbrink for Mac OS X (and probably MacOS 8.6+ and MacOS 9.x+ with Carbon) and Windows. Right now itâ€™s only available in German (but probably useable for many non-German speakers). We’ve provided a page with a list of translated features here.
Among the changes: GEDCOM exporting improved, some interface changes, various errors corrected, locations and addresses can be exported to CSV from the location and address managers. Also the number of phone/fax numbers, websites, and email addresses for each individual was increased.
Changes (Translated from German -> English via Google):
* The search window has a progress bar for context menu actions
* GEDCOM exporting improved.
* “Butlereinstellungen” was not secured correctly. (MG Note: Google doesn’t understand “Butlereinstellungen”).
* Plausability checking errors corrected.
* When changing data of the foster parents, foster children became biological/natural children (“leiblichen” = biological/natural?)
* Problems with the use of first/given name repaired
* Secure/Private data for same-sex marriages was not always loaded for the main owner.
* Locations in the location manager can be exported as a CSV file (tab-delineated text file).
* Addresses in the address manager can be exported as a CSV file.
* Problems with file names created under Windows with Umlauts in the file name corrected.
* Errors with viewing and navigating in the ancestor window repaired.
* While using automatic-completion – if several umlauts or special characters were entered, it caused strange problems when viewed in Windows.
* While using automatic-completion – first names were not being pulled from the list.
* In the family manager, the seperation (divorce?) date is now indicated.
* In the address manager, it’s now possible to enter three fax/phone numbers, internet/web ,and email addresses for each person.
* Bugs in family manager fixed.
* Various other bugs fixed.