There have been several versions of Genealogy Pro for Mac OS X released over the past few weeks, and I fell behind on keeping up with them. Right now it’s at version 2.1. Genealogy Pro is a commercial genealogy application (free demo is available), that runs under Mac OS X 10.2.8 and above.
Along with the changes to GEDCOM handling (import/export), as well as interface improvements, one major change that came about was the move to being a Universal Binary – running on the Intel-based Macs without the need for emulation.
Version 2.1 – 20 April 2006
* This release fixes a problem where notes may not be properly saved.
Version 2.0.8 – 15 April 2006
* This release fixes a GEDCOM export bug introduced in verson 2.07, suppresses a database error notification when deleting a record (name, date, place) of a person or family.
Version 2.0.7 – 13 April 2006
* This release fixes compatibility of GEDCOM import and export with UTF-8 (unicode) character format. Fixed a potential application crashes with GEDCOM import.
Version 2.0.6 – 10 April 2006
* This release fixes compatibility with foreign language character (unicode, UTF-8) support.
Version 2.0.5 – 7 April 2006
* This is the first Universal Binary release.
* It improves the interface and also addresses several bugs.
* When adding a new spouse for a persons that has an existing family with an unknown spouse, the user is now given an option of creating a new family with the spouse or placing the spouse in the existing family (the previous default and only option)
* The Family browser now has an option of displaying or not displaying the tree view through the Genealogy Pro preferences.
* Improved deletion
* Fixed bug in web page creation where charts with the ” ‘ ” character in the name result in an upload error
* Fixed bug in remove custom fields where the field was sometimes not removed
* Fixed bug where application sometimes crashed on document close after saving a web file