iFamily for Tiger V2.217 was officially released today. iFamily for Tiger is a Mac OS X (10.4+) genealogy application. It can be downloaded here: http://ifamilyfortiger.com/. This is a major update with several new features.
Events – On this Day
– A new menu option has been added called Events – On This Day.
Toolbar Search Field
– Added search filter for Marriage Year
Parent-Child Relationships Dialog
– Corrected error in inital display for adopted children
– Movies may now be added to the Pictures pane.
Import from Gedcom
– Added special handling for a variety of custom tags from FTW Gedcom files.
– Corrected an error in processing a source related to marriage event.
– Improved handling or Source Repository records.
Export to Gedcom
– Added an option to exclude custom tags from the exported Gedcom File, except for _MILT which is a defacto standard. Custom Tags are those that start with an underscore and are not officially defined in the Gedcom 5.5 Specification.
– Corrected Export Pictures to handle filenames in databases where the folder iFamilyForTigerData has previously been moved.
– All custom tags generated by iFamily for Tiger are now formatted as _ABCD, eg _Location is now _LOCN, _Date is now _DATE
Export BirthDays to iCal
– Added options to export Wedding Anniversaries and Deaths as well as BirthDays to iCal.