Who Do You Think You Are Magazine (behind the TV series) is running a huge sale on back issues of the magazine through the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch Newsstand app for $0.99:
Single issues normally sell for £4.99 / €5.49 / $6.99, with normal subscriptions costing £3.99 / €4.99 / $5.99 per month, or with a 1 year subscription, £44.99 / €49.99 / $64.99.
I believe the back issues stretch all the way back to April of 2012, at least going by what I see in Newsstand.
There is a also a free 1 month subscription trial, which includes the latest issue. The app itself is free. This is the same “Who Do You Think You Are” that is behind the popular genealogy series in the US, UK, Canada, and elsewhere.
September’s issue includes 128 pages, such as:
– 10 best family tree builders
– Getting started guide (28 pages)
– Reader story: “When Kate Mears inherited an 18th-century seaman’s chest, little did she know that it held more than 500 years of personal family history”
– Eureka moment: “In the first of a new series, find out how the scribblings of a child in a Bible helped to solve a family mystery”
– Industrial schools
– Plus… the best websites for tracking down poor law records; how to get the most out of The National Archives; understanding Naval next-of-kin claims; an insight into hop-picking in Kent and much more…