iFamily for Tiger Version 2.108 has been released. This is a major update to the Mac OS X genealogy shareware application. Much of the changes are based on user feedbback.
Quite a few changes:
* Enhanced to reject two corrupt Gedcom Tags from a.n.other family tree application that were previously allowed to be imported.
Delete Person and Disconnect Person
* Added main menu options for People – Delete Person and People – Disconnect Person. Too many people were asking “How Do I …” so it was obviously not intuitive.
Location of the iFamilyForTigerData Folder
* Added main menu option File – Move Data Directory to allow the user to move the default location of the iFamilyForTigerData folder out of their Home Folder.
Family Name Function
* The automatic Family Name function now recognises suffixes such as Jr, Sr, I, II, III, …., XX.
* If the person’s name consists of only one word then it is now assumed to be a Given Name rather than a Family Name. You can enter question marks for Family Name or for the Given Name. For Example “Alfred ?” or “? JONES” are both acceptable. In the first case the Family Name becomes “?” and in the second case the Given Name becomes “?”.
Drag and Drop of Images from Ancestry.com
* Images dropped into iFamily from Ancestry.com are now renamed from image.x.JPG to a name containing the dropped-on person’s name.
Added People – ToDo List