Note: There is a new version available, Heredis Mac X.2
Heredis 10.1.5 Product Page
Type: Genealogy Application
License: Commercial/Shareware ($69)
Last Updated: Jun 2004
GEDCOM Support: Yes Software Auto-Update: ??
Languages: English (Possibly French and German)
MacOS Requirements: MacOS 9.1 – Mac OS X
MyHeredis.com (5.4 MB)
Demo Limitations: allows 50 entries, reads GEDCOM files
Everything you may possibly need for handling your genealogy today, plus everything you are expecting for tomorrow…
A navigating family tree in 3 dimensions allows an entire genealogy to be displayed on one screen only. This tree has been designed so that genealogists may situate themselves at a glace anywhere in their ancestry.
(Official Site) Will directly write a CD-ROM containing your genealogy data (including individuals of your choice) that can be read by any web browser. Will also offer HTML output.
More information can be found here (MyHeredis.com)
MG.org Notes: There is also a PC version of this software available.
Version 10.1.5. (Jun 2004)
* Unsure what changes were made
* Online registration
* New calculation algorithm for the 3d-tree
* Correct display of Ahnentafel numbers on the main screen (previously truncated beyond 999)
* The Picture names are not handled as comments anymore while importing a Gedcom file.
* Religious marriages are now correctly handled and displayed in the event list.
* Some minor fixes