Note: ohmiGene 5 is the current version. This page is no longer updated – please visit the ohmiGene 5 page.
ohmiGene 1.60.02 Product Page
Publisher: Ohm inProduction
Type: Genealogy Application
License: Shareware (Demo available) $40 USD
Last Updated: August 18, 2007.
GEDCOM Support: Yes Software Auto-Update: ??
Languages: English, French
Hardware Requirements: 1024×768 resolution (Publisher stresses this!)
MacOS Requirements: Mac OS X (seperate versions for PowerPC and Intel Macs)
Note: Also available for Windows and Linux
Download: Publisher’s site:
With ohmiGene it is possible :
– to create and to manage genealogies,
– to import GEDCOM files,
– to export files in the format GEDCOM,
– to publish genealogy in a website..
– It is possible to associate an unlimited number of illustrations, notes or texts to a context.
– Some modules allows to manage names, places, sources and media.
– With an history (30 persons), it is possible to find quickly a person recently displayed.
– It is possible to list ancestors (sosa), descendants or close parents of a person (active person or initial person).
– It is possible to create working lists, according to a multitude of criteria, with ease.
– Every person can be marked by means of 24 personalized criteria and found due to this mark.
To install correctly the software, it is NECESSARY that the program ‘ohmiGene’ and the folder ‘Aide’ are in the same folder.
Reviews: (If you’d like to contribute one, Contact us)
* Fixed a bug introduced in 1.49.45: recorded unions (marriages, etc.), could be broken if a GEDCOM was imported into an already existing record. This update is mandatory before importing a GEDCOM into an already existing record.
Changes through 1.49.50 (March, 2007)
– Bug fixes
– Improvements (User Interface, saving, etc.)
– Added: You can now export lists to GeneaNet.
Version 1.49.45 (February, 2007)
* Improvement in managing dates, with a powerful and complete management in regards to Baptism,MarriageBurial-BirthMarriageDeath
* One-click access to defined sources (birth certificate â€¦)
* A to-do list: Add information that needs to be researched later.
* Locating places using Google Maps
* Added Fan chart
* Added printing of descendants chart
* Increase in speed of reading in GEDCOM files (especially larger files – by a factor of 100)