A new version of Reunion 9 has been released – Reunion 9.05. It requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 and can be downloaded from the Reunion Update Page (LeisterPro.com). This release includes several new features, including a “Find on this Page” and “Repair multimedia links” – especially helpful when moving data around.
* “Find on this Page” added to note fields, logs, and sources. This makes it easy to find words in long note fields, logs, and the free-form text field of source records.
* Repair multimedia links – a new feature to help you find and resolve broken multimedia links. See the new Repair button in: Reunion -> Preferences / Multimedia / Locations.
* “Paste as Plain Text” – a new menu item for pasting text in notes and logs that will strip text styles and colors from the pasted text.
* Enter source by number. If you’re familiar with your source numbers you can document the source of data even faster.
* Added the ability to search for “married name” in the Index and in the family card search box. Just use a dash before the name in the search box. For example, searching for “-clinton, hilary” would create a list of all the Clintons, including anybody who married a Clinton.
* In Sibling popup menus, child status is appended to names of siblings.
* Picture windows – added more zoom choices when Control-clicking a picture window or using the Picture menu.
* Ages window – Escape key closes the Options sheet.
* Calendar window – the “Living Only” button changes to “Married Only” if Marriage is the selected event.
* Charts – added keyboard shortcuts for making bold and italic text in chart boxes.
* Charts – faster updating when all objects are selected and nudged using arrow keys.
* GEDCOM Import – added support for cross referenced marriage memos.
* Mailing Address Window – behavior of the Initial Caps and UPPERCASE buttons is no longer tied to Prefix Word settings in the Index Preferences.
* Mailing Address Reports – dividing lines are included when the Include Empty fields button is unchecked.
* Move Fields feature (in Field Preferences window) – added ability to move data to and from the “Misc Event” field.
* Pictures – improved the quality of reduced and cropped images in web output, on the family card, in the Multimedia window, in the Picture window, and in the Print Preview.
* Shortcut – Command+S clicks the Save button in Edit Spouses window and Custom Date window.
* View popup menu in toolbar – Command key equivalents appear in the popup menu.
* Ages window – opening/closing Options sheet properly restores the menu bar.
* Charts – fixed some odd behavior with certain fonts.
* Charts – fixed some printing problems when printing to a single page (or creating PDF files) larger than 455 inches.
* Charts – Save Default Text Attributes is working properly.
* Charts – the previous orientation choice for descendant charts is remembered and applied to the next chart you create.
* CSS Web Styles- fixed some minor cosmetic problems and improved compatibility with Firefox and Explorer
* Edit Parents window – fixed a cosmetic problem with showing results of edits.
* Editing – fixed a problem with deleting events and facts in the Edit Person and Edit Family windows.
* Family Card – corrected font size of title of a Note field when a non-default font was selected in Field Preferences for the Note field.
* Family Card – refreshed after deleting marked/unmarked people so that text “x marked people” is shown properly.
* Family Card – size of the child area on the family card is saved (this was a problem accidentally introduced in 9.04).
* File -> Save a Copy – “Exact copy” option wasn’t overwriting file of the same name.
* File -> Save a Copy – fixed a problem with the Return Address field in the Report Preferences when using the “Compact Copy” option.
* Find Anything / People searches – searching for hyphen in marriage dates works properly.
* Font Sizes – crossing platforms loses font sizes in prefs.
* GEDCOM Export – fixed sensitive data filtering for event memos.
* Index – displaying ‘Married Name’ in the Index no longer confuses the ‘Spouse’ column.
* Index – fixed a problem with sorting and searching last names starting with “Mc”. NOTE: you must rebuild the Index to see this change. Choose Reunion -> Preferences / Index and click the Rebuild button.
* Initial Caps – fixed problem where Initial Caps was not applying to short first & middle names.
* List windows – sorting by the “Full Name” column works properly.
* Print Preview – fixed misc. problems with overlapping text, blank pages, page numbering.
* Reports, Register & Ahnentafel – marriage data properly included in narrative.
* Reports – Index and Surname pages in web output no longer force last names to uppercase.
* Reports – Color in notes is output properly in Person Sheets and Family Group Sheets.
* Reports – Color in RTF output no longer “bleeds” from one section to the title of the next section.
* Siblilng popup menu – fixed a problem when a person’s parents are married to each other twice.
* Edit Source – fixed occasional crash when saving changes to a source.
* Source List – searching now ignores diacriticals.
* Upgrading – improvements when upgrading family files with extended characters.
* Web Output – fixed a problem in notes with empty source reference when sources were not included.
* Web Output – fixed a linking problem with media files linked to sources.