PAW2U aka PAWriter II, a Mac OS X genealogy application, has received several updates.
Version 100 has been tested by the author under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
* The appearance of the PAWriter application icon was improved.
* The FrameMaker MML report features have been deleted. The Write MML menu item in the File menu and all its submenu items have been removed. FrameMaker for the Mac is an MacOS 9 application and has not been supported by Adobe Systems Incorporated for many years.
* Most of the desktop publishing capabilities of FrameMaker now appear in Nisus Writer Pro (see the Nisus website at http://nisus.com/), and in some cases the capabilities in Nisus Writer Pro exceed those in FrameMaker. RTF files generated by PAWriter using the Write RTF menu item in the File menu are opened in Nisus Writer Pro by default (as well as being readable by other Mac word processors such as Microsoft Word, Pages, TextEdit, Tex-Edit, AppleWorks and Quick Look).
* A bug in version 99 dated 1 July 2011 which affected the wallet window was fixed by removing the Close Wallet button. A wallet is still closed by clicking on the red close button in the upper left corner of the wallet window, by choosing Close Wallet from the Pictures menu or by pressing command-W.
* PAWriter was compiled using Real Studio 2011 Release 2 — technical change only.
* Tip: You can open the last data file you saved by choosing Apple menu > Recent Items and selecting the data file from the Documents list.
* Note: I’ve done some testing of PAWriter under Lion and so far all looks good. Of course, there are a number of new features under Lion that are not used so far by PAWriter, but otherwise PAWriter seems to execute just as it does under Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard.
This is a free application and can be downloaded at http://www.lanopalera.net/Genealogy/PAWriterU.dmg