Normally I wouldn’t talk about games here unless they were genealogy-related (as if there is a large market for them, although MacFamilyTree has a quiz feature for your family tree), but for whatever reason, Aspyr Media is running a couple of really good deals on some classic games for Macs – Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization, and the big one: Civilization IV.
The sale runs through February 29, 2012, and both are currently on sale (as of Monday night, February 27, 2012) for $4.99 USA and Canada (I believe), £2.99 in the United Kingdom, $5.49 in Australia, 3,99 € in France and Germany.
Civilization IV: Colonization for Mac:
– $4.99 Sid Meier’s Civilization® IV: Colonization – Aspyr Media, Inc.
* 1.83 GHz CPU or faster
* 1 GB of RAM
* 1 GB of Hard Drive Space
* 128 MB VRAM
Supported video cards:
ATI RADEON X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750; NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 330M
* Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported.
* Apple original CPUs only, CPU upgrades not supported.
* This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
Civilization IV for Mac:
– $4.99 Civilization IV – Aspyr Media, Inc.
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 1.8GHz CPU
* 512MB RAM
* 3 GB of free hard drive space
* Supported Video Cards: Nvidia Geforce: 8600, 9400, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 330M / ATI Radeon: HD 2400, HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6750 / Intel HD Graphics 3000
* Intel GMA 950 and GMA X3100 graphics chipsets ARE NOT SUPPORTED
Note: Expansion Packs will not work with Civilization IV from the Mac App Store