Technically it’s version 184.108.40.2061 or 220.127.116.112 (depending on whether you are installing from Ancestry.com or from Apple’s Mac App Store), but a major new version of Family Tree Maker 3 was recently released.
I haven’t had a chance to go through it yet, but the additions are very welcome, including pictures in genealogy reports, plus removing generation lines in said reports. Also there is a manage historical facts option, and improved timeline reports.
It should be noted that the new file formats/database are now compatible with Family Tree Maker 2014 (Windows) and their recent updates from November and December – Service Patch #4 SP4 (Build 340) and Service Patch #5 SP5 (build 345).
New features and enhancements:
- New file format compatible with FTM 2014 SP4/5
- Option to include pictures in genealogy reports
- Option to remove generation lines in genealogy reports
- Manage (add, edit, delete) historical facts
- New Options to use pictures and custom sentences in Timeline Reports
- New LDS Ordinances Reports
- Ancestry Screen Share Integration (powered by Glance)
- Fixed problem where setting spouse order caused a crash.
- Fixed problem where description of a fact was absent in a Timeline report.
- Fixed problem where the Ahnentafel report was showing duplicate facts.
- Fixed column size problem for children in tree view.
- Fixed problem where a chart would become blank after applying ‘Show generations – labels’ and then changing some chart properties.
- Fixed problem where day and month were being swapped after uploading to Ancestry.
- Fixed problem where Improper links are being displayed for media items after merging two spouses that have relationship media.
- Fixed problem where husbands name is included in wifes name in the List of Individuals reports.
- Fixed problem where birth date of the spouse is duplicated in Ahnentafel Report
- Fixed problem where ‘Include private facts’ checkbox was not functional in charts.
- Fixed problem where a file was being created even if export dialog was canceled.
- Multiple other miscellaneous fixes.
- OS X 10.7 or later
A full install weighs in at 400+ MB with the update well below 100MB, and can be updated from within the app itself (click on the Family Tree Maker 3 menu, and “Check for Updates”), or through OS X’s Software Update (if you used the Mac App Store).
If you do not already own it, it’s $39.99 through the Ancestry.com Store or the Mac App Store:
United States – Family Tree Maker 3 (Mac App Store)
United Kingdom – Family Tree Maker Mac 3 (Mac App Store)