Note: This is out of date as of 2010
Official Website: http://www.yepthat.com/
Type: Document Management
Last Updated: Version 1.6.2 (7 May 2007)
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4 (Universal Binary)
Download/Demo/Trial: Available at official website above.
Photos have iPhoto. Music has iTunes. But when it comes to PDFs, you’re on your own. That is, until now. Now there is Yep and there’s no looking back.
Start Yep for the first time and it automatically shows you all your PDFs tagged based on where they were found on your hard disk. But the real fun begins when you start adding your own tags. You’ll never go back to a hierarchical filing system again.
And you might even think that iPhoto, iTunes and the Finder could learn a thing or two from Yep.
Every house has cardboard boxes and filing cabinets full of receipts, important medical records, old letters and income tax returns, usually inconveniently stuck in the basement somewhere.
Now that Yep makes it so easy to keep all your PDF documents in one place, instantly retrievable and searchable, it might just be time to start scanning some of those paper
documents into your computer and Yep will help you do it.
Version 1.6.2 (7 May 2007)
* Fixed bug when writing meta data into encrypted PDFs
* Import meta data command now restores folder hierarchies better in the collections panel
Version 1.6.1 (1 May 2007)
* French translation added
* Control-clicking on page in PDF viewer now gives options to rotate or delete the clicked page
* Creation date field no longer includes time be default (time can be turned on from preferences)
* TWAIN settings no longer remain disabled when TWAIN is selected
* Yep can now follow a document when it gets moved to another hard disk
* Fixed bug that caused Yep to slow down when more than 500 documents are selected
* Added menu item to Documents menu to optionally write keywords and author directly into PDF files
* iDisk support improved
Version 1.6 (23 April 2007)
* Collections can now be put into folders and sub-folders
* Loupe now available in list view (also, new loupe option to show entire document)
* Ability to join PDFs (drag one PDF on top of another)
* Fullscreen PDF viewer
* YepShot bookmarklet for creating PDFs of webpages
* New support for Fujitsu ScanSnap
* Files can now be dragged into tracking folder list from Finder
* Cache files now thrown out after period of inactivity
* Tags column available in list view
* All tags window no longer floats
* Tags of hovered over document now highlight in tag cloud
* Finder info now an option from contextual menu
* Typing with thumbnail view focused will now select documents
* Some serious bugs that caused some meta data to be lost in certain situations now resolved
* iDisk now works
* Many other bugs and small features