ohmiGeneLite 5.37.3 is now available, it’s a Mac OS X genealogy application requiring an OS X 10.5 or later.
5.37.3 adds a requested feature – the ability to list people starting from an initial person to a common ancestor, and then to a second person. For instance, if you were curious about shared relatives with a distant cousin, you could select yourself, and that cousin, and it would display your ancestors up to a common ancestor, and then it display the descendants of that common ancestor down to your distant cousin.
The full version is available for $40 through ohmi.celeonet.fr, but you can download ohmiGEneLite through this page. It’s also available for Windows and for PowerPC Macs through that page. It’s one of the few genealogy applications still available for PowerPC macs.
In select countries, you can also download an iPad version through the iTunes App Store
Heredis, the Mac OS X genealoyg app, is on sale through Sunday, July 7, 2013 for $10.99, through the Mac App Store
It requires Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later, and a 64-bit CPU (which OS X 10.7 also requires), and it normally retails for $59.99.
Purchase – Apple’s Mac App Store:
Heredis – BSD Concept (Mac App Store)
Earlier today, MacFamilyTree 7.0.3 was released. You can launch the Mac App Store application and update from within there, or through the MacFamilyTree 7 app itself (click on the MacFamilyTree menu, then Check for Updates…).
This is a recommended update for everybody, especially those using FamilySearch, and/or who have larger databases. 7.0.3 focuses on updates and improvements – no new items were added.
MacFamilyTree 7.0.3 Changes
- Importing and exporting GEDCOM files improved
- Localization improvements
- Fixed crash when adding notes to events
- Sorting events by date fixed when viewing places
- Login issues to FamilySearch fixed
- Performance enhancements for larger databases
- Other stability improvements
You can pick up the demo through the Synium Software website or you can purchase it here: MacFamilyTree 7 (Mac App Store)).
Reminder: The upgrade pricing of $29.99 applies through July 31, 2013.
MacFamilyTree 7.0.2 was made available a few days ago. It’s available through the Mac App Store update feature or from within the App itself (click on the MacFamilyTree menu, select Check for Updates…). This update to MacFamilyTree 7 is focused on improvements and bug fixes, with the addition of LDS status and temple information.
- Placeholders in the additional name edit section can now be configured
- Several stability improvements, especially when using FamilySearch
- Norwegian translation improved
- Chart options improved for smaller displays
- Bug opening the integrated User Guide fixed
- GEDCOM media export fixed
- Issue fixed that could prevent saving an open database
- Support added for LDS status and temple information
- URL fields for media fixed
- Many other smaller fixes
And you still have just over a month to pick up the upgrade discount of $29.99 (ends July 31, 2013) – MacFamilyTree 7 (Mac App Store)).
MacFamilyTree 7.0.1 has been released, and it’s the first update to MacFamilyTree 7. It’s available through the Mac App Store update feature or from within the App itself (click on the MacFamilyTree menu, select Check for Updates…). It’s mainly focused on bug fixes and localization fixes/improvements.
- Norwegian localization fixed
- French localization fixed
- Swedish localization fixed
- Alignment fixed in the Notes and Sources sections
- Fixes for the Plausibility Report
- FamilySearch login issues fixed
- Family Quiz localization issues fixed
- Name Distribution Chart saving issue fixed
- Several stability improvements
Just a reminder, MacFamilyTree 7 (Mac App Store)) is still available at a special upgrade discount of $29.99 (US) through July 31, 2013.
Heredis, which is still on sale in the Mac App Store for $38.99, has received an update that improves GEDCOM import/export.
Heredis 2.2.0 Changes:
- Improvement of the Gedcom import/export
- Other improvements
Heredis was originally going to only be on sale through June 9, 2013. If you have the iOS version of Heredis, it has been updated to match Heredis for OS X, with version 1.2.0 adding the same changes as above, and it can be updated through the iTunes/App Store.
ohmiGeneLite 5.37.0 has already been released, with 5.37.0 bringing a small update:
- Addition of a page for the transcription of certificates.
ohmiGeneLite can be downloaded from the ohmiGene website.