[wpfmb type=’error’ theme=2]The last release of Osk was in July of 2009[/wpfmb]
Osk Name: Osk
Current Version: Osk 4.71.0 (a 4.8 may have been released)
Last Updated: July 2009
Developer/Publisher: 305 Development (formerly Studlar.net/en/software)
Type: Mac Genealogy Software
Purchase / Download Options:
Price (New): $25
Demo/Free: 30 day trial
Location: 305 Development
iPad / iPhone / iPod touch Mobile Version? No
Mac OS X Lion Support:
Software Requirements: Mac OS X 10.3 or later
Hardware Requirements: Universal Binary, Supports Multi-Core Macs
Unicode GEDCOM Support:
LDS Ordinance Support:
Web Page/HTML Creation and Support:
Supported Languages: English, Icelandic, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, German, Swedish and Norwegian
Osk offers everything you would expect a genealogy app should do, but does so really easy, extremely fast. You can draw family trees and save them, create a family website. All with a click of a button.
Future Plans – Osk 5 (Posted October 2010)
From the developer: Even though it appears that the site has been sleeping, I haven’t. I have been designing and planning a new release. The version 5 that I have not dared to put out yet. It is still being worked on, the work happens to be greater than I had initially thought. But with new versions of the development tools and the iPad showing up, limitless possibilities.
Other Useful Links
Articles and Reviews
Osk 4.71.0 (July 26, 2009)
* Now you are able to have more information on each person in your database. You can keep e-mails and phone numbers and more directly. You can of course add them to the information.
* Lower memory footprint. According to tests this new version uses less memory than before.
* More speed. Even though Osk is the fastest genealogy software out there, the software is even faster than before.
* There have been a few bugs reported since last version, and they have all been fixed.
Osk 4.61.0 (January 9, 2009)
* This version fixes all reported bugs
* now always sorts all names based on preference settings.
* The web export has been updated
* GEDCOM export is now faster
* New birthday display.
* Every small snippet of code has been touched.
Version 4.5.1 (April 20, 2007)
* Italian translation fixed
* Faster load time
* Faster execution
* Summer price reduced to $29.99 (Includes upgrade to version 5.0)
Version 4.5 (March 2007)
* Italian translation added
* No limit on familytree sizes
* Internal components updated
* Internal improvements
Version 4.4 (February 2007)
* Menu items simplified
* Look improved
* No longer any limit on familytree sizes
* Minor bug fixes
* Improved speed
Screenshots (Click for Larger) From Studlar.net
(Click for original size – Flickr)
This page last updated: February 2015