Coinciding with MobileFamilyTree 1.1.2 being released for iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), Synium Software has released MacFamilyTree 6.2.3.
Looks like a lot of work was done on the GEDCOM importing and exporting, helpful for those moving from other genealogy software applications or taking their genealogy information with them. There are also several other improvements, both UI and performance.
MacFamilyTree 6.2.3 Changes
* Several fixes and improvements in the GEDCOM Exporter and Importer
* Sources List now shows source abbreviations
* Web Media improved
* Date parsing improved
* Descendant Chart improved
* Performance of the Tree Chart improved
* Several other bug fixes
It is still on sale through January 17th, 2012 at Apple’s Mac App Store
Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 126.96.36.1999 has been released. This is, I believe, the first update (following the original/initial 21.2.0 release).
The Ancestry.com blogs mention that these are based on community feedback.
Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 188.8.131.529 Changes
* Performance and stability improvements
* Improvements to resolve sync errors
* Improvements for handling downloaded media in synced trees
* Syncing of accepted and rejected hints
* Option to include/exclude Ancestry media in synced trees
You can automatically update through Family Tree Maker for Mac 2’s automatic update system. Click on the Family Tree Maker 2 menu, select Check for Updates. That’s how I knew about it, but I see it’s now mentioned on the Ancestry.com blogs.
MacFamilyTree 6.2.2 is now out. It’s an update to Synium Software’s MacFamilyTree Mac OS X genealogy software.
It’s mostly interface, import/export, and database improvements and bug fixes.
MacFamilyTree 6.2.2 Changes:
* Database maintenance improved
* Better display of events in the My Tree pane
* GEDCOM Import and export improved
* New preferences added for the startup window
* Kekulé numbers now available in the Fan Chart and Narrative Report
* Several crash bugs fixed
* Several fixes in the Tree Chart
It is available through the Mac App Store or through the Synium Software website.
It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
MacFamilyTree 6.2 (actually 6.2.1 was released today) was released earlier this week, and it’s a major update to the Mac OS X genealogy application.
Changes and Improvements for MacFamilyTree 6.2:
* For the first time, a new Tree Chart brings the capability to display all members of a family in one chart. Even large families can be displayed completely
* Completely configurable Source Report provides a detailed overview of all sources in you database. Sources can now be bookmarked as well
* To Do Report with a convenient overview of all to dos
* Configurable Ahnentafel Report provides an overview of all descendants sorted by generation and lists the relating events from the Narrative Report
* Entertaining Family Quiz tests and trains your knowledge about your family tree
* Title and Date header can now be added above all charts
* Improved lay out and text formatting of Narrative Report and Kinship Report
* Images can now be displayed in the List of Persons and in the Kinship Report
* Options for colors and lay out of the Hourglass Chart are now also available in the Person and Family Group Report
* The county of a place can now be added into a separate county input field
* Improved GEDCOM compatibility with other genealogy applications
* Improved GEDCOM export of images
* Improved sorting of Family Events
Changes in 6.2.1
* Crash fixed in database migration
* Smaller user interface improvements
I’m looking forward to trying out the new “To Do” improvements as well as the tree chart that displays all members of a family, as I have some very large families.
Note: The sale below is over
It is on sale through the holidays (at least Christmas) for $29.99 through Apple’s
Mac App Store
It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 is finally shipping.
I’m still not sure when it will be available through other channels such as Apple’s Mac Apps Store.
This is feature compatible with Family Tree Maker 2012 for Windows. The online collaboration features have been improved, Mac OS X 10.7 (“Lion”) users have a full-screen interface to use, there is an improved family view, along with better image management and performance improvements.
It is on sale through Christmas – you can get Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 at Ancestry.com which drops the price to $52.49 for new customers. The upgrade is $48.99.
Once I have my copy, I’ll publish a review.
If you’ve been keeping an eye on the Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 product page at Ancestry.com, you’ve probably seen this:
Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 will begin shipping by mid-December 2011
Once it starts shipping, I’ll mention it on the website. I also have no idea when it will be available through other channels such as Apple’s Mac Apps Store.
There is still a 20% sale for pre-orders.